JOB OPPORTUNITY ST.KITTS: LAW ASSOCIATE
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply to fill the post of Associate at HOBSON-NEWMAN & AMRITT, Unit A5, Sands Complex, Bay Road, P O Box 105, St Kitts. The firm areas of practice include Corporate, Civil, Criminal, Banking and Securities Law/ Compliance, Debt Collection, Family and Real Estate. The firm represents international and regional financial institutions and regulators; and leading corporations in the Federation of St Kitts and Nevis.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
• A Bachelor of Laws Degree
• A Legal Education Certificate
• At least 3 years experience in Civil Litigation
The position also requires the following:
• A high level of interest, motivation, initiative and maturity
• Strong analytical skills and research techniques
• Good written and oral communication skills
• The ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
The Associate will be directly responsible to the Partners of the firm for the proper performance of his/her duties, which will include, but not limited to:
1. Providing general legal advice to clients;
2. Litigating civil matters at the Magistrate and High Court;
3. Researching law, investigating facts, preparing documents;
4. Filing documents in the Registry and searching Registry files;
5. Drafting and vetting contracts; and
6. Assisting in the co-ordination of activities or work of the Chambers.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The following documents must be submitted:
§ Curriculum vitae
§ Two (2) original letters of reference
§ Certified copies of certificates
The application and documents must be sent via mail to:
HOBSON-NEWMAN & AMRITT
Unit A5-1 Sands Complex
P O Box 105
Application should reach no later than Friday, 21st April 2017.
Note: Only candidates short listed for the selection process will be contacted.